Bottlenecks, Backlogs & Busted Budgets:
Every government entity is plagued by these burdens. Outdated, paper-based, manual processes only compound the problem, slowing the flow of information, impeding communication and stymieing productivity.
What if you could eliminate the backlog, work more efficiently and improve citizen services — and do it with existing staff and resources?
It’s possible, and we’ll show you how it’s done. Join us and hear from those who can help you get there, and from your peers in government who are already there.
Learn about solutions for all aspects of government — from the front door, where citizens are served, to the back office where filing, AP, HR and other processes occur; from the courts, to the PA and Sheriff's office, and beyond.
What’s in Store at the Summit? You’ll learn:
- How to plan for, launch and successfully implement a shared services program
- How mobile computing and the iPad are improving constituent services
- Why judges prefer electronic signature in the courts, and how it makes their work faster and easier
- How one Michigan county is using eArraignment to derive benefits well beyond those offered by video arraignment
- How, with technology, you can automatically separate, classify and index scanned documents
- How Genesse County automated its agenda and meeting minutes to create a more productive and efficient process